Building on the success of the SMARTSPACES Service, which has been running in Bristol since the start of 2013, Bristol City Council and SystemsLink have now developed a further suite of energy management tools. Whereas the original service was focussed on the end consumer in a specific building, the professional suite is aimed at energy professionals looking to manage the energy for an entire portfolio.
The SMARTSPACES Professional Suite provides a comprehensive set of industry-specific tools to both detect problem sites within the portfolio, and provide in-depth analysis to identify solutions. Examples include:
- Profile Alerts: “Next-day” notification when unusual energy consumption occurs, sent by email to a named building contact. Customizable alerts to suit each building/portfolio.
- Project Identification: Examination of the half-hourly consumption profile over a whole year, and identification of areas of concern.
- Project Verification: Analysis of the consumption before and after energy reduction projects, and calculation of potential payback period and return on investment.
- CUSUM Reports: In-depth analysis of consumption trends.
- Regulatory Reports: To help deal with particular pieces of energy regulation e.g. Display Energy Certificates, Carbon Reduction Commitment.
- Peak Shaving and other League Tables: Detection of sites with specific issues e.g. peak hours consumption, high baseload, year-on-year increase, high consumption per square meter.
Find out more on Bristol pilot site here.