INNO-Grips was about supporting policy makers in adopting appropriate policy responses to emerging innovation needs, trends and phenomena. INNO-Grips studies analysed framework conditions, barriers and drivers to innovation and innovation policy and offered intelligence on international developments in these fields. The findings were presented and discussed in workshops. All in all, INNO-Grips was a think-tank that offered a platform for public authorities, industry and academia to exchange views, ideas and best practices with a view to optimise innovation policy. Specific subjects included the following:
- Innovation policy and the business cycle;
- Policies in support of high-growth innovative SMEs;
- Policies in support of service innovation;
- Disruptive innovation;
- Policies promoting innovation in public sector provision;
- New themes in innovation.